An agreement is made between the client and the counsellor/coach/mentor “abbreviated as CCM”. It contains important information to describe the process and commercial terms and conditions of the service. The client’s signature at the end of this service agreement also signifies the acceptance to this agreement.
- References to persons shall include references to bodies corporate and to unincorporated associations, to the singular shall include references to the plural and to the masculine shall include references to the feminine and vice versa.
- Headings and underlining are included for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation or construction of the terms of this Agreement.
- Invalidity or unenforceability of one or more provisions of this Agreement shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement.
Counselling, Coaching & Mentoring
Counselling, coaching, and mentoring are complicated processes mostly related to the psychological well-being or performance goal setting of the clients. These would vary depending on the personality, objective and subjective needs of the client, and the practicing orientation of the CCM. Thus for the service to be conducted effective and smooth, active effort on the part of the client, manifested on thinking and behaviors covered both during the sessions and at home are needed.
Counselling, coaching, and mentoring can create benefits and risks on the client. Very often in the processes, there are discussions of unpleasant aspects of the client’s life. Thus the client may experience uncomfortable or negative feelings such as anger, sadness, apprehension…etc. But meanwhile, going through such negative experience may eventually lead to better relationships, solutions to specific problems, significant reductions in feelings of distress, or achievement in areas of life that is important to the client. The CCM thus cannot guarantee the effect or experience of the process on the client.
The client, by signing this agreement, understands that he/she is taking his/her own initiative to have this counselling/coaching/mentoring service. The client has the right to stop the service anytime in the event that he/she feels any slight discomfort. The use of this service is not for emergencies. In any event of medical or mental health emergency, the client shall call the policy hotline or go to the nearest casualty immediately.
Typically, the first one or two sessions are devoted to the understanding of the client’s needs. Objectives and outcomes of the service will be discussed and agreed between the client and the CCM. An approximate number of sessions (usually for counselling) or an activity calendar (usually for coaching and mentoring) will be suggested. Each regular scheduled session usually lasts for 50 min (counting as one hour in service fee calculation). Sometimes more than 50 minutes per session are required, and the duration would be subjected to the mutual agreement between the client and the CCM.
Schedule Change & Cancellation Policy
For a scheduled appointment, please allow 24 hours advance notice of cancellation. Unless due to emergency medical condition with a proof of doctor’s certification or special weather condition such as the hoisting of typhoon signal no. 8 or above, full payment of the session will be charged. In case of bad weather, due to typhoon or heavy rain warning in black, the session will be cancelled if the signals are still in force two hours before the scheduled time.
Termination Or Referring Out Policy
Either party can terminate the service relationship at any time. If the CCM deemed at any point in the treatment that client’s need(s) is greater than our area of expertise or scope of practice, the CCM reserves the right to refuse and/or end treatment and may refer other appropriate sources for the client.
Our CCM charges vary individually depending on the need and nature of the service. Final charges are based on mutual consent between the client and the CCM. Only cash and cheque payments are accepted. You are requested to pay at the end of each session. Alternatively, advance payment of the sessions is also accepted subject to mutual agreement after the intake sessions.
Different insurance companies offer different insurance policies. The client should contact his insurance companies to find out if our service is covered by the insurance plan. The qualifications of our CCM are listed in our website. Clients are encouraged to refer there for the most updated information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. The identity of a client should be strictly protected unless the client discloses that he is to commit harmful behaviors to self and to others, or that the CCM has a strong feeling as such. The CCM will also disclose client’s information with a court order.
Limitation of Liability
- Please disclose in full your psychiatric history, medical and hospitalization incidences. Failure to do so or knowingly misleading or withholding the above said information excludes us from any liability related to your diagnosis, prognosis, outcome and actions.
- Please understand that there are no guarantees of what a client will experience, and that you enter this agreement at your own risk. You agree that you understand the possible advantages and disadvantages of counselling, coaching, and/or mentoring and shall not hold the CCM accountable.
- The Companions CCM Limited only provides the physical venue for the service to take place. The service is strictly between the client and the CCM. The client agrees to hold The Companions CCM Limited harmless from and against any and all claims, causes of action, demands, liabilities, losses, costs or expenses arising out of or relating to the service.
Changes to These Terms
The CCM reserves the right to change the terms of this agreement from time to time. Any changes that we make will become a part of our agreement with you when they are posted in our website. Your continued use of our service will constitute your agreement to the changes we have made.
The laws of Hong Kong govern this agreement.